2010-06-19

20100604 BEC Zagreb 2010

20100604 BEC Zagreb 2010

BEST Zagreb organised one hell of event. To be honest, I was really waiting for it, hoping to have fun with European students. And it worked perfectly. I felt like a student again and for me this was a great time of my life. So, here are some things to remember...

I've done my stealing camera prank again. When the guys are walking around the city, they aproach me wanting me to take a picture of them. I take a shot and run with a camera. 1st time it was in front of Cathedral. I ran down to Tkalca, one of the new organisers was following me. In a passage I stoped, waited for him, gave him camera and he instantly turned around wanting to go back. So I had to stop him and explain him whom I was and that it was a joke. Then I went to Tomiceva street where is "uspinjaca", a "tram" driving uphill to upper city. There I was exploring trash cans when the next group approached me wanting me to take a picture of them. On the same place I've done the same thing one more time, so 3x times in total that day. I was exhausted of running with cameras :) But it was really fun for most of us and people remembered me very well after that.

Same day we had hospital party, that was kind of cool. I slept for 1 hour, if you can call it sleeping. We got up early and left to Istra for the weekend.
During the weekend we visited Porec, Pula and Pazin, where we slept in a gym and had dinner with huge amounts of medica. Late in the night when we came to our sleeping place, we noticed how we left one of the organisers in the restaurant.
Near Pula we found a very nice beach, I must say unexpectedly clean and pleasant for our bodies. Waqas, a participant from Pakistan, didn't know how to swim so I gave him few lessons. That was interesting. I was suprised when I learned he is engaged to his cousin, I think she is daughter of his mother's sister. That would be quite unusual in my culture so I was interested into this subject. They find it acceptable if 3 generations before them didn't do the same (then it's safe to do it).

My focus was already put on one girl whom I find to be extremely beautiful and a nice person to communicate with. After the weekend I've told her what I desire, but it didn't seem to reflect on her the same way as me, so, nothing happened. Life has proven to be challenging because in during last week few times it happened that a friend of mine would tell me how some of his female friends gave a very positive feedback about me. Of course, it always happens during this times when I'm focused on somebody else so this feedbacks don't seem to be immediately useful except for a ego-buster. God truly had a lot of fun while designing us humans. Fucking oneitis.

New hit for me on international evening was Tatarsky čaj, nice drink, but still Beherovka rules together with Vana Tallin and Riga black balsam.

Pub crawling was true Sodoma & Gomora. In one pub a lady recognised me as she remembered me running with cameras down Tkalca. So she was curious what was it about this time. Murat from Turkey put the whole event onto another level by pissing into the bottle and drinking his warm piss which gave victory to his team. To make it more spicy he kissed with some girls afterwards.

Egyptian party had very funny trick. You put a fold on a person and bring it on the stick which is lying on the ground. In front of the stick are some pillows where a person will fall later. While he is blind standing on the the stick, some guys lift the stick up, just a bit. At the same time, onether person is helping blind person to balance himself by holding his hands and slowly going down. Going down makes the blind person feel like he is going up so he starts shaking like hell and you can notice how he's a bit afraid. Everybody starts shouting "jump, jump..." and after some moments blind person decides to really jump thinking that he is 2m above the ground while he's actually 10-20 cm above. Whole scene of falling down from 10cm looks hilarious!

Participants were supposed to make water bycicles which we used on a competition on lake Jarun. That too was a very nice day spent.

Next day we went on a walk through park Maksimir. It was interesting to notice how people were shy when they are sober. We were suppoused to make picture of naked asses, but it didn't work as expected. Still, this park is very beautiful and I hope people used the chance to enjoy it.

On Sunday we went to Hrelich market. We were divided into teams with a mission to dress ourselves for the following party. Each team had 50kn which they could use for dressing up 5 people. We managed to get clothes for less than 3kn per piece of a clothe and spending rest of the money on a special requisit. My team won the show, yeah!


That was the last evening. I felt great altough at one moment I almost burst into a cry so I decided to hurry up and go home and get some sleep before the work. I've meet some very cool people and had a lot of fun on this event and didn't need to sleep as much as usually :)

Life is funny.

No comments: