2009-05-10

TC @Ugljan


On island Ugljan I attended training course on Volunteers managment for a week. We learned, produces some materials, shared experience, had fun...

There is a small island very close to the beach were we had lectures. I went swimming to there once. On the island there is a monastery so it wasn't appropriate to explore it in a swimming suite :(

One night was intercultural evening. We shared some alcohol and chocolates from our countries and we danced. All this parties can be exhausting for some. I didn't tend to stay last man standing so I could get up early, do my exercises and have a breakfest.

Island is pretty calm, actually just as I wanted. One couldn't hear city noise and one could relax. Well, there was a strong wind blowing all the time which was interesting. In the port one could hear an orchestra of sound from the wind and waves shaking the boats.

One afternoon we went on St. Michael's peak. That was very nice afternoon, nice trip, excellent view.


After the lunch, we had one hour to spare. So we were walking around the city. One day I noticed a sign for a traffic light. I told it to the others, gathered the team so we went there to take a look. We found it near a school. There we had some fun, a photo session for 10 minutes. I'm sure we managed to make few drivers angry/confused.

Course ended just before May Day when was to start team-building of VCZ. I stayed for few more days. We went on barbecue, another swim, out in the pub...

It was really nice to relax on the island, far from a big city, although the weather wasn't the best one.

No comments: